NewEnglandTrailConditions.com
NewEnglandTrailConditions.com:
MA
|
ME
|
NH
|
RI/CT
|
VT
|
Ski
Hiking Trail Conditions Report
Peaks
Peaks Patterson Mountain, Oak Bluff, Bald Top Mountain , VT
Trails
Trails: Cross Rivendell Trail
Date of Hike
Date of Hike: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Parking/Access Road Notes
Parking/Access Road Notes: Well depicted on CRT map 
Surface Conditions
Surface Conditions: Dry Trail, Wet Trail, Mud - Minor/Avoidable 
Recommended Equipment
Recommended Equipment:  
Water Crossing Notes
Water Crossing Notes: Easy rock hops 
Trail Maintenance Notes
Trail Maintenance Notes: Usual amount of blowdown and detritus for springtime  
Dog-Related Notes
Dog-Related Notes:  
Bugs
Bugs: Found 4 ticks hitching a ride, one of which was a deer tick. Ick. 
Lost and Found
Lost and Found:  
 
Comments
Comments: Finished the Cross Rivendell Trail finally after having hiked the shorter NH section when I was Redlining 5 years ago.

Today’s 18-mile section of trail that I “needed” in Vermont is snow free, except for exactly 12 footsteps. {Yippee!} It was dry and quite lovely about 85% of the time, prickerbushes, ticks, and mud (mostly caused by ATV use) the remaining 15%. The nice sections consisted of lots of open hardwoods and peaceful pastoral scenes reminiscent now and then of the Southern Appalachians.

There is a trail closure from Hawkins to Patterson Mtns. and another that requires a road walk around (but it is a pleasant one). Check the website for updates.

The CRT continues on the other side of the river, to Mt. Cube and the AT.

It is a nice trail that doesn’t look like it gets a lot of use. I saw just one other hiker all day. Well blazed and signed. A very nice respite from rotting spring snowpack...  
Name
Name: Snowflea 
E-Mail
E-Mail:  
Date Submitted
Date Submitted: 2019-04-23 
Link
Link: http:// 
Bookmark and Share Disclaimer: Reports are not verified - conditions may vary. Use at own risk. Always be prepared when hiking. Observe all signs. Trail conditions reports are not substitutes for weather reports or common sense.

Copyright 2009-2019, All Rights Reserved